The Branson Regional Arts Council is holding open auditions for it’s big summer musical Mamma Mia! directed by Jacob Deck.
ABBA’s hits tell the hilarious story of a young woman’s search for her birth father. This sunny and funny tale unfolds on a Greek island paradise. On the eve of her wedding, a daughter’s quest to discover the identity of her father brings three men from her mother’s past back to the island they last visited 20 years ago. The story-telling magic of ABBA’s timeless songs propels this enchanting tale of love, laughter and friendship, creating an unforgettable show. A large cast, non-stop laughs and explosive dance numbers combine to make Mamma Mia! a guaranteed smash hit for Branson audiences. A mother. A daughter. Three possible dads. And a trip down the aisle you’ll never forget!
Thursday, May 13th: 6:30pm-9:00pm
Saturday, May 15th: 10:00am-12:00pm & 6:30pm-9:00pm
Location: Historic Owen Theatre, 205 S Commercial St., Branson, MO 65616
Casting strong singers, actors, and dancers ages 15 and up!
- An up to date headshot and resume.
- A cut of a song no longer than a minute. Preferably in the style of the show. Auditioners are welcome to sing from the show.
- Clothes and shoes you can move and dance in. Tennis shoes, jazz shoes, character shoes, etc.
- Auditioners may be asked to cold read upon request.
- Callback date, if needed, will be determined.
- Rehearsal schedule will be determined after casting.
- First rehearsal and cast meeting June 17th at 6:00pm.
- Performance dates are Aug 5-8 & 12-15, 2021 (8 performances)
Here is the official musical soundtrack to help get you in the groove for this audition!
The Branson Regional Arts Council was founded in 1965 as the “Taney Arts Council,” and officially established 501 (c)(3) non-profit status as “Branson Arts Council, Inc.” in 1993.
Our mission is “to provide artistic, cultural and educational opportunities that support, strengthen and enhance artistic experiences for people of all ages in our area.”
Financial support is provided by BRAC members, theatre patrons, private donors, as well as additional grant support from the Missouri Arts Council, City of Branson, and other organizations.
BRAC, PO Box 2004, Branson, MO 65615