The First Annual BRAC BBQ FEST Is Coming To Downtown Branson!
Excitement and fun waits for everyone at the First Annual Branson Regional Arts Council (BRAC) BBQ Festival in Liberty Plaza behind the Historic Owen Theater in Downtown Branson!
The BRAC BBQ Fest is set for Saturday, June 1st from 10am until 6pm. Admission is free, and attendees will enjoy a large assortment of live entertainment, crafts booths, and artisans throughout the day. “We’ll have fun activities for kids of all ages including a bounce house and face painting, as well as delicious, mouthwatering BBQ cooked on location in an actual firetruck,” said BRAC Executive Director Jim Barber. “You’ll have to see it to believe it,” he added, “fantastic food and delicious drinks will be available for a reasonable price throughout the day!”
BRAC BBQ Fest is produced by the Branson Regional Arts Council in cooperation with Branson Parks & Recreation, and the premier event sponsor, Dr. Richard Tallon and Branson Dental Center. Additional event sponsors include Mercy Hospital and Dr. Munshi – Branson Institute of Sleep.
The purpose of the event is to raise awareness and funds to help the Branson Regional Arts Council preserve the history and entertainment legacy of the Historic Owen Theatre built in 1936.
CURRENT LIVE ENTERTAINMENT INCLUDES:
- Java Jived (St. Louis based Mixed Vocal Octet Group) – 10am
- Forte Theatrical Group – Cabaret Music – 11am
- Preview Selection from Forte’s Hamlet – 12pm
- Lori Locke and Friends – 1pm
- Preview of Shrek the Musical Jr. – 2pm
- Rick McEwen – 4pm
- Robert Morris – Balloon Twister Extraordinaire (all day)
More entertainment acts will be listed soon… performance times subject to change.
Area Businesses, Artists, Crafters, and other Vendors will have an opportunity to rent a display area and sell their products. Booth space rental information is available on the Branson Regional Arts Council website at BransonArts.org/bbqvendor, or by contacting BRAC at 417-336-4255 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
CURRENTLY REGISTERED BRAC BBQ FEST VENDORS INCLUDE:
- Peter Engler Designs – Jewelry, woodcarvings, free gifts, oil candles and more
- Joplin Peace Frogs – T-shirts, hats, bags, jackets, purses, decals and jewelry
- EBBboutique – Acrylic Pour Paintings, Shadow Boxes, Leather Jewelry and Accessories
- Carolyn Cambronne-Hayes – Framed and matted digital original art prints
- Silver Jewelry Artist – Sterling and gemstone jewely by award-winning artist Jayme Woodall
- Sticks, Spoons & More – Handmade wooden spoons, ladles and measuring cups
- Taneyhills Community Library – Promoting summer reading for kids and library services
- Scentsy – Scented Wax and Decorative Wax Warmers, and a variety of other home fragrance products.
- Branson West Art Gallery – Original paintings, photography, jewelry, and wood carvings
- Concept 24 By Design – Original Art, Crafts, and Prints
- Salvation Army of Branson – Salvation Army Thrift Store Clothing Specials and community awareness
The Branson Regional Arts Council was founded in 1965 as the “Taney Arts Council,” and officially established 501 (c)(3) non-profit status as “Branson Arts Council, Inc.” in 1993.
Our mission is “to provide artistic, cultural and educational opportunities that support, strengthen and enhance artistic experiences for people of all ages in our area.”
Financial support is provided by BRAC members, theatre patrons, private donors, as well as additional grant support from the Missouri Arts Council, City of Branson, and other organizations.
BRAC, PO Box 2004, Branson, MO 65615