The Branson Regional Arts Council announce auditions for their first musical theatre production of the 2018 season… ANNIE.
5 public performances, March 8 – 11, 2018. Rehearsal schedule will be provided
- Sunday, January 21st from 2-5pm Central for youth under the age of 18.
- Monday, January 22nd from 6-9pm Central for anyone age 18 and older.
PLACE – Historic Owen Theatre, 205 S. Commercial Street, Branson, MO 65616
VIDEO AUDITION SUBMISSIONS are allowed if you cannot attend either of these audition times. Please prepare a short video of you singing a one-minute song of your choice, as well as a short monologue that shows character. Send video links to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will reply to let you know we have recieved your email. VIDEO SUBMISSIONS must be received no later than Monday, January 22nd at 9pm Central.
- Please be prepared to sing a one-minute song (bring your own music CD or sing acapella)
- Reading scripts will be provided by director
- Director will lead a Dance Call for all auditioners as well as singing.
- Bring Resume & Headshot if you have one (not required)
ANNIE CAST BREAKDOWN
- Cast Size- 21 positions
- Cast must excel in Singing, Acting, and Dancing due to limited rehearsal period.
LEADS (4 positions)
- Annie– Mezzo-Soprano
- Miss Aggie Hannigan-Alto
- Oliver Warbucks– Baritone
- Grace Farrell– Soprano
ORPHANS (6 positions)
- Tessie/Ensemble– Mezzo-Soprano
- Molly/Ensemble– Mezzo-Soprano
- Pepper/Ensemble– Mezzo-Soprano
- Duffy/Ensemble– Mezzo-Soprano
- July/Ensemble– Mezzo-Soprano
- Kate/Ensemble– Mezzo-Soprano
Men (6 positions)
- Rooster Hannigan/Hans Morgenthau/Hooverville/Ensemble – Tenor
- Bert Healy/Dog Catcher/Justice Louis Brandeis/Hooverville/Ensemble– Tenor
- Franklin D. Roosevelt/Mr. Bundles/Hooverville/Ensemble– Baritone
- Drake/Harold Ickes/Sound Effects Man/Hooverville/Ensemble-Baritone
- L.T. Ward/Louis Howe/Jimmy Johnson/Hooverville/Ensemble-Baritone
- Fred McCracken/Cordell Hull/Apple Seller/Hooverville/Ensemble-Baritone
Women (5 positions)
- Lily/Hooverville/Ensemble – Soprano
- Bonnie Boylan/Star to Be/Annette/Hooverville/Ensemble– Mezzo-Soprano
- Ronnie Boylan/Mrs. Pugh/Hooverville/Ensemble– Mezzo-Soprano
- Connie Boylan/Cecile/Hooverville/Ensemble– Mezzo-Soprano
- Frances Perkins/Mrs. Greer/Sophie/Hooverville/Ensemble- Soprano
The Branson Regional Arts Council was founded in 1965 as the “Taney Arts Council,” and officially established 501 (c)(3) non-profit status as “Branson Arts Council, Inc.” in 1993.
Our mission is “to provide artistic, cultural and educational opportunities that support, strengthen and enhance artistic experiences for people of all ages in our area.”
Financial support is provided by BRAC members, theatre patrons, private donors, as well as additional grant support from the Missouri Arts Council, City of Branson, and other organizations.
BRAC, PO Box 2004, Branson, MO 65615