Cast auditions for the Branson Regional Arts Council production of Hello Dolly! will be held Saturday, July 16 at the Historic Owen Theatre in downtown Branson, and Saturday July 23 at 2pm and 6pm at Dance Branson, 4440 N. Gretna in The Shoppes at Branson Meadows (suite 4440). Actors may attend the audition time that works best for them. The musical is directed by Jake Deck.
We are looking for cast members ages 13 and up!
- Prepare a 60 second cut of a musical theatre song that shows off your range and acting skills.
- Please bring an mp3 track or youtube karaoke track. NO A CAPPELLA auditions.
- There will also be a dance audition. Please come dressed accordingly. Wear appropriate clothing and footwear you are comfortable moving in. (A character or jazz shoe is preferred.)
This musical adaptation of Thornton Wilder’s hit play The Matchmaker bursts with humor, romance, energetic dance and some of the greatest songs in musical theatre history. The romantic and comic exploits of Dolly Gallagher-Levi, turn-of-the-century matchmaker and “woman who arranges things,” are certain to thrill and entertain audiences again and again. Rated G.
Hello Dolly! Auditions (ages 13 and up)
Historic Owen Theatre (205 S Commercial St, Branson, MO 65616)
- Saturday, July 16, 2022 – 2pm & 6pm – Historic Owen Theatre
- Saturday, July 23, 2022 – 2pm & 6pm – Dance Branson, 4440 N. Gretna in The Shoppes at Branson Meadows (suite 4440)
Main Role Breakdowns
- Dolly Levi: Matchmaker, widow, meddler, opportunist, life-loving, commanding, strong stage presence. Vocal range: alto-soprano. Dance ability: some.
- Horace Vandergelder: Well-known half-a-millionaire, widower, owns the Feed Store, gruff, set in his ways, authoritative. Vocal range: baritone. Dance ability: some.
- Cornelius Hackl: Head clerk at the Feed Store, energetic, enthusiastic, and adventurous. Stage age: 30-35. Vocal range: baritone-tenor. Dance ability: some
- Barnaby Tucker: Assistant to Cornelius at the Feed Store, naïve, energized, follower. Stage age: 17-20. Vocal range: baritone. Dance ability: some
- Irene Molloy: Owns the Hat Shop, widow, beautiful, smart, fun-loving. Stage age: 30-35. Vocal range: soprano. Dance ability: strong.
- Minnie Fay: Irene’s assistant, naïve, straight-laced, fresh, follower. Stage age: 17-20. Vocal range: mezzo-soprano. Dance ability: strong.
- Ambrose Kemper: Struggling artist, good-natured, accommodating, wants to marry Ermengarde. Stage age: 19-23. Vocal range: tenor. Dance ability: moderate
- Ermengarde: Horace’s niece, whining, high-strung, wants to marry Ambrose. Stage age: 17-20. Vocal range: any. Dance ability: strong.
- Ernestina: Accommodating, good-time girl. Stage age: 30-45. Vocal range: any. Dance ability: some
- Rudy: Maitre’d of the Harmonia Gardens, proper, commanding. Stage age: 40-60. Vocal range: bass. Dance ability: some.
- Mrs. Rose: Street vendor: Alto/Soprano Dance ability: Some
- Judge: A strong character actor with presence. Baritone. No Dance
- Clerk: looking for strong actor with good comedic timing. Tenor. Some Dance ability plus
- Horse: Looking for athletic dancers that are strong dancers with some tumbling ability
Tentative rehearsal schedule will be Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays at 6pm. Some Saturdays might also have choreography rehearsals at 2pm as well. If these days are conflicts for you, please discuss your availability when signing in to the audition.
(12) public performances will occur on September 8 – 25th on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays (7pm), and Sundays (2pm).
For questions please contact Karie at 417-336-4255 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Branson Regional Arts Council was founded in 1965 as the “Taney Arts Council,” and officially established 501 (c)(3) non-profit status as “Branson Arts Council, Inc.” in 1993.
Our mission is “to provide artistic, cultural and educational opportunities that support, strengthen and enhance artistic experiences for people of all ages in our area.”
Financial support is provided by BRAC members, theatre patrons, private donors, as well as additional grant support from the Missouri Arts Council and other organizations.
BRAC, PO Box 2004, Branson, MO 65615