The Branson Regional Arts Council is holding auditions for new students to participate in the 2022-2023 Staccato Show Choir on Monday, September 12, 2022 at 4pm. Auditions will be held at the Historic Owen Theatre in downtown Branson. No pre-registration required, just show up prepared to audition!
We are looking for students between the ages of 12-18 who have a passion for performing and building their skills.
BRAC’s Staccato Audition Info:
- Monday, September 12, 2022 from 4-6pm (be prepared to stay the entire time)
- Historic Owen Theatre (205 S Commercial St, Branson, MO 65616)
- Class Schedule: Saturdays 9:00am-11:00am (rehearsal times may be adjusted to work best with the troupe)
- 1st Semester Dates: Saturdays, Sept 12 – December 10, 2022
- 2nd Semester Dates: Saturdays, Jan 7 – April 15, 2023
Tuition & Fees (if selected):
- $50 Registration Fee* (covers two semesters). *Grant & Scholarship funding has been applied to keep cost affordable
- Costume and/or Dance Shoes are Required at cost to student. *Hardship Scholarships possible on request
SEVERAL NEW CHANGES are being implemented to create an EVEN GREATER performing opportunity than ever before!
While Staccato will STILL be an ADVANCED MUSICAL GROUP that combines a challenging music repertoire with entertaining choreography, this year we will be incorporating an ON-STAGE ACTING/STAGE PERFORMANCE aspect as we use the season to put together a MUSICAL!
Under the direction of Jacob Estes, students will focus on elevating their “triple threat” skills and applying their formal training into a lively, MUSICAL THEATRE PRODUCTION! (More details on this soon!)
Through the season, our members will all work towards a common goal while studying:
- ADVANCED MUSIC THEORY
- VOCAL & PHYSICAL WARM UPS
- MUSICAL THEATRE VOCAL TECHNIQUES (belting, mixing, telling a story)
- STAGE ETIQUETTE
- HIP HOP – JAZZ – MUSICAL THEATRE DANCE
Staccato Audition Information:
Please have two contrasting songs, one minute in length, each in the style of a musical theatre / pop song. (You will most likely only be asked to sing one, but have two just in case we need to hear more).
- Submission songs must be no longer than 60 seconds.
- Please, NO a cappella singing
- Bring an MP3 instrument track (on Bluetooth phone or ipad type device, we provide speaker)
- Please be prepared to dance (arrive in dance-wear for the entirety of the audition)
We prefer you audition in person, but if you absolutely cannot make it, video submissions or other questions can be sent to email@example.com no later than September 11, 2022. The easiest way to submit your video auditions is to upload it to YouTube, set the video to unlisted, then email the link to BRAC.
GOOD LUCK… and now enjoy videos from past Staccato performances…
The Branson Regional Arts Council was founded in 1965 as the “Taney Arts Council,” and officially established 501 (c)(3) non-profit status as “Branson Arts Council, Inc.” in 1993.
Our mission is “to provide artistic, cultural and educational opportunities that support, strengthen and enhance artistic experiences for people of all ages in our area.”
Financial support is provided by BRAC members, theatre patrons, private donors, as well as additional grant support from the Missouri Arts Council and other organizations.
BRAC, PO Box 2004, Branson, MO 65615